Homework Schedule for Physics 516: Electron Correlations
Homework is late if handed in after 4:00 pm on the date due.
Homework forms an important aspect of this course. Be sure to start your
assignments early. The instructor is happy to give assistance during
office hours (or at other times, just drop in).
- Homework 1: (The simple harmonic oscillator)
Handed out March 22, due March 29.
- Homework 2: (Degenerate perturbation theory I) Handed out March 29,
due April 12.
- Homework 3: (Degenerate perturbation theory II) Handed out April 12,
due April 19.
- Homework 4: (Time-dependent problems) Handed out April 19, due April 26.
- Homework 5: (Fermi's golden rule and the sudden approximation) Handed
out April 26, due May 3.
- Homework 6: (The Hubbard model) Handed out May 3, due May 10.
Last modified March 1, 2010
Jim Freericks, Professor of Physics,