Homework Schedule for Physics 515: Metals
Homework is not accepted if handed in after final due date.
Homework forms an important aspect of this course. Be sure to start your
assignments early. The instructor is happy to give assistance during
office hours (or at other times, just drop by or make an appointment).
- Homework 0: (Computation review---complex numbers and plotting)
Handed out August 31, due September 7.
- Homework 1: (Math review)
Handed out September 7, due September 14.
- Homework 2: (Tight-binding Green's functions and density of states) Handed out September 14,
due September 21.
- Homework 3: (Impurity problems and equation of motion) Handed out September 21,
due September 28.
- Homework 4: (Quasiparticles and analytic properties of Green's functions) Handed out September 28, due October 5.
- Homework 5: (DMFT solution of the Falicov-Kimball model) Handed
out October 5, due October 12.
- Homework 6: (Optical conductivity) Handed out October 12, due October 19.
- Homework 7: (Thermal transport) Handed out October 19, due October 26.
- Homework 8: (Charge-density-wave order) Handed out October 26, due
- Homework 9: (Superconducting transition temperature of lead) (Problem 1 only)
Handed out November 2, due November 16.
- Homework 10: (Tunneling conductance of lead) (Problem 2 only) Handed out November 16,
due December 7.
Last modified August 31, 2017
Jim Freericks, Professor of Physics,
freericks at physics dot georgetown dot edu