Homework Schedule for Physics 155: Mathematical and Computational Methods in Physics
Homework is late if handed in after 4:00 pm on the date due.
Homework forms an important aspect of this course. Be sure to start your
assignments early. The instructor is happy to give assistance during
office hours (or at other times, just drop by or make an appointment).
- Homework 1: (Geometry, limits, and series)
Handed out January 13, due January 19.
- Homework 2: (Differential and integral calculus review)
Handed out January 19, due January 25.
- Homework 3: (How to really integrate) Handed out January 25, due February 1.
- Homework 4: (Multivariable integals and Feynman integrals) Handed out February 1, due February 8.
- Homework 5: (Div, Grad, and Curl) Handed out February 8, due February 16.
- Homework 6: (Multidimensional integral theorems) Handed
out February 16, due February 22.
- Homework 7: (The Laplacian) Handed out February 22, due February 29.
- Homework 8: (Residues) Handed out February 29, due March 14.
- Homework 9: (Gaussian elimination) Handed out March 14, due March 21.
- Homework 10: (Coordinates, bases, and matrix transformations) Handed out March 21, due April 4.
- Homework 11: (Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors)
Handed out April 4, due April 11.
- Homework 12: (Introduction to differential equations) Handed out April 11, due April 18.
- Homework 13 (Differential equations II) Handed out April 18, due April 25.
- Homework 14 (Fourier Series) Handed out April 25, due May 2.
Last modified January 11, 2016
Jim Freericks, Professor of Physics,
freericks at physics dot georgetown dot edu