Homework Schedule for Physics 515: Metals
Homework is late if handed in after 4:00 pm on the date due.
Homework forms an important aspect of this course. Be sure to start your
assignments early. The instructor is happy to give assistance during
office hours (or at other times, just drop by or make an appointment).
- Homework 1: (Periodic lattices)
Handed out January 13, due January 19.
- Homework 2: (Band structure) Handed out January 20,
due January 25.
- Homework 3: (Fermi statistics) Handed out January 25,
due February 1.
- Homework 4: (Electron dynamics) Handed out February 1, due February
- Homework 5: (Quasiclassical motion) Handed
out February 8, due February 16.
- Homework 6: (Transport) Handed out February 17, due February 22.
- Homework 7: (Magnetism) Handed out February 22, due March 1.
Last modified January 5, 2010
Jim Freericks, Professor of Physics,
freericks at physics dot georgetown dot edu